Job Title: Costa Rica Country Project Director
Job level: Senior Level
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Open until filled, reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the position:
The Warnath Group, LLC is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Country Project Director for a project funded by the U.S. Department of State to constructively address commercial sexual exploitation of children and other forms of human trafficking in Costa Rica. It is anticipated this full-time equivalent contract position will be fully funded for up to five years.
This is a Costa Rica based (preferably San José, Guanacaste, or Puntarenas Provinces) work-from-home position. Periodic travel within Costa Rica is required.
- Coordinate closely with Warnath Group headquarters to advance the project’s programming activities and troubleshoot problems. Responsible for day-to-day management of project activities and overall project administration associated with in-country work. Supervise the work of in-country project staff.
- Serve as a senior advisor on Costa Rican government institutions, the criminal justice system, and civil society. Provide technical expertise and guidance to the project’s team of international human trafficking experts about the Costa Rican criminal justice context, victim support services, and civil society. Help develop training and technical assistance programs.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant Costa Rican government agencies, provincial government entities, criminal justice actors, Costa Rican human-trafficking experts, and victim service providers, maintaining continuing collaborative working relationships.
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Participate in preparation of project performance reviews and financial reports.
- Support Warnath Group’s in-country prevalence research efforts as needed.
- Work with the team developing anti-trafficking social media and public education campaigns.
- Represent the project to local and national Costa Rican government anti-trafficking actors, NGOs, the local business community, and media.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Costa Rican government actors, criminal justice system, and civil society
- Prosecution, criminal investigation, criminal justice, victim services, or other relevant experience
- Understanding of child protection principles
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Superior writing presentation skills in English and Spanish
- Mastery of, or ability to quickly master, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, Zoom, and other interactive remote communication software
- Existing legal ability to work in Costa Rica
Juris Doctor (or equivalent) or Master’s Degree in law, criminal justice, public administration, child protection, or relevant discipline
Familiarity with human trafficking issues (including child trafficking), experience supporting research efforts and/or public education campaigns
Demonstrated subject matter expertise as indicated by at least one of the following:
- Experience with child protection, child labor, human trafficking, human rights, or related issues;
- Experience working with NGOs and/or international organizations addressing child protection, or other similar issues
- Experience working with victims of serious crime and/or child victims.
About the organization:
The Warnath Group is a unique global advisory firm that provides superior professional advisory services, training, and project implementation for companies, governments, social enterprise/social impact investors and philanthropists on issues relating to human trafficking and related human rights issues. Our unparalleled level of expertise and international network enables us to work with leaders in the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world to offer smart, innovative solutions to these complex issues. More information about the organization can be found at WarnathGroup.com.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Application – Costa Rica Country Project Director” in the subject line of your email.
The position will be open until filled. Please submit your resume by November 14, 2020, to be considered for the first round of interviews.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.