Job Title: Costa Rica Project Associate
Job level: Mid-Level
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Open until filled, reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the position:
The Warnath Group, LLC is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Project Associate for a project funded by the U.S. Department of State to constructively address commercial sexual exploitation of children and other forms of human trafficking in Costa Rica. There are multiple Project Associate positions available, and specific responsibilities will be assigned based upon candidates’ professional strengths and project needs. These full-time equivalent contract positions may be fully funded for up to five years.
This is a Costa Rica based (preferably San José, Guanacaste, or Puntarenas Provinces) work-from-home position. Periodic travel within Costa Rica is required.
- Work with U.S. anti-trafficking experts, Government of Costa Rica officials, and other stakeholders to advance the project’s activities to combat child sex trafficking.
- Provide logistical, administrative, and information technology support for all aspects of the project including training, technical assistance, research, strategic communications campaign, M&E, and reporting.
- Communicate and coordinate, at the direction of the Country Project Director, with relevant government agencies, criminal justice actors, frontline actors, victim service providers, NGOs, and multi-disciplinary teams, maintaining continuing collaborative working relationships.
- Provide consecutive interpretation between Spanish and English as needed.
- Translate written project materials and communications between Spanish and English.
- Support project activities of Warnath Group’s home office, staff, and subject matter experts.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and spoken)
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, Zoom, and other online presentation software
- Existing legal ability to work in Costa Rica
Degree in law, criminal justice, public administration, social work, translation and interpretation, or other relevant discipline.
Demonstrated subject matter expertise as indicated by at least one of the following:
- Experience with child protection, child labor, human trafficking, human rights, or related issues;
- Experience working with NGOs and/or international organizations addressing issues related to human trafficking, civil rights, child protection, or other similar issues
- Experience working with victims of serious crime and/or child victims.
About the organization:
The Warnath Group is a unique global advisory firm that provides superior professional advisory services, training, and project implementation for companies, governments, social enterprise/social impact investors and philanthropists on issues relating to human trafficking and related human rights issues. Our unparalleled level of expertise and international network enables us to work with leaders in the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world to offer smart, innovative solutions to these complex issues. More information about the organization can be found at WarnathGroup.com.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please indicate “Application – Costa Rica Project Associate” in the subject line of your email.
The position will be open until filled. Please submit your resume by November 7, 2020, to be considered for the first round of interviews.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.