Job Title: Technical Specialist & Facilitator
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Haga clic aquí para ver este anuncio de empleo en español: Especialista técnico/a y facilitador/a en Costa Rica
About the position:
The Warnath Group is currently implementing the Innovations in Addressing Child Trafficking (IACT) Program to prevent child trafficking, protect and assist child trafficking victims, and prosecute traffickers in Costa Rica. Our work focuses on the Provinces of Guanacaste and Puntarenas, in collaboration with the Government of Costa Rica, local government entities, and Costa Rican organizations.
Warnath Group is currently looking to hire for the position of Technical Specialist & Facilitator to support the implementation of the IACT Program. The position may be based in San Jose, the province of Puntarenas or the province of Guanacaste and will involve extensive travel in Puntarenas and Guanacaste on a regular basis.
The Technical Specialist & Facilitator will support the execution of IACT Program activities and operations including but not limited to:
- Undertake regular travel throughout Puntarenas and Guanacaste to implement and support IACT Program activities
- Contribute to the development of technical documents, materials and resources
- Contribute to the development of training processes, methodologies, materials and resources
- Facilitate training and technical assistance activities with diverse stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs, community members
- Review and provide feedback on technical content developed by IACT staff and consultants
- Support planning and implementation of IACT Program activities (including trainings and technical assistance sessions, the development of child-friendly spaces, and community-based risk reduction activities as well as introduction meetings/activities of the IACT Program in Guanacaste and Puntarenas)
- Support monitoring and evaluation of IACT activities and interventions including feedback and analysis, under the supervision of the IACT Senior Researcher and Director of Justice Policy
- Conduct data collection in relation to discrete program activities (both remote and in person), including evaluations, surveys and focus group discussions
- Contribute to quarterly program reporting on M&E activities as well as various program components as assigned by IACT supervisor
- Draft reports, memos, meeting notes, and other forms of communications
- Coordinate with government institutions and civil society organizations in Guanacaste and Puntarenas under the supervision and guidance of the IACT Country Director and/or Deputy Director
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Minimum BA in a relevant subject (e.g. social work, psychology, anthropology, sociology, planning, or other with relevant experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience on issues related to trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, child protection, or related topics
- Experience in the implementation of activities and programs on trafficking in persons or related issues
- Experience facilitating training sessions of different sizes independently and as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills and experience facilitating trainings or teaching with participatory methodologies
- Experience working in community settings with civil society and government officials
- Ability to engage stakeholders, establish and sustain collaborative relationships
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Bilingual (Spanish and English
Compensation for this position will be based on experience.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Warnath Group is a leading global provider of tailored skill-based professional training and technical assistance to address human trafficking. More information about the work of the Warnath Group providing professional skill development to anti-trafficking actors worldwide is available at www.warnathgroup.com and @WarnathGroup.
The Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
The Warnath Group appreciates the interest of all applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English, and writing samples in English and Spanish to email@example.com. (Writing samples may be formal or informal documents; short samples are acceptable.) Please indicate “Application – Technical Specialist & Facilitator” in the subject line of your email.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
See our additional opportunities including how to apply to join the roster of subject matter experts eligible for short-term consultancies here.