Job Title: Human Trafficking Criminal Justice Expert
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the position:
The Warnath Group, LLC is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Criminal Justice Expert to work on several programs funded by the U.S. Department of State. The person in this position will provide training and technical assistance on the criminal justice response to human trafficking which includes identifying, investigating, and prosecuting cases. Current long-term U.S. State Department programs include global training and technical assistance, addressing child sex trafficking in Costa Rica, and support of the U.S.-Jamaica Child Protection Compact. This is a full-time equivalent, U.S. or Costa Rica-based work-from-home (remote) independent contractor position. International travel and travel within Costa Rica are required (when safe to do so).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the criminal justice response to human trafficking, including cases involving children under 18, providing expertise on relevant professional skills including identification, investigation, interviewing, and prosecution of human trafficking.
- Create and lead in-person and remote interactive training and technical assistance sessions for a variety of audiences.
- Draft guides and other material to support training and technical assistance and professional skill development.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, as assigned, of government or criminal justice agency’s response to human trafficking.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant government agencies and personnel on local and national level.
- Other duties and project support as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience prosecuting and/or investigating human trafficking
- Experience implementing a victim-centered and trauma-informed response to trafficking
- Understanding of child protection principles
- Superior written and oral presentation skills (English)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Mastery of, or ability to quickly master, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, and other interactive remote communication software
- Legally authorized to work in the United States or Costa Rica
- One of the following: Juris Doctor (or equivalent); Master’s Degree in law, criminal justice, or relevant discipline; experience in a dedicated anti-trafficking law enforcement unit
- Spanish fluency (oral and written)
- Presentation or teaching experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Knowledge of Costa Rica’s legal system
- Experience working in an international context
This is an independent contractor position. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
About the organization:
The Warnath Group is a leading global provider of tailored skill-based professional training and technical assistance to address human trafficking. More information about the work of the Warnath Group providing professional skill development to anti-trafficking actors worldwide is available at www.warnathgroup.com and @WarnathGroup.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
The Warnath Group appreciates the interest of all applicants.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please indicate “Application – Human Trafficking Criminal Justice Expert” in the subject line of your email.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.