Job Title: Human Trafficking Criminal Justice Subject Expert (Short-Term Consultancy)
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the position:
The Warnath Group, LLC is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our roster of Criminal Justice Subject Matter Experts. We draw upon our roster of highly qualified experts to support several programs funded by the U.S. Department of State. Recipients of short-term consultancies provide training and technical assistance on the criminal justice response to human trafficking which includes identifying, investigating, and prosecuting cases. Current long-term U.S. State Department programs include global training and technical assistance, addressing child sex trafficking in Costa Rica, and support of the U.S.-Jamaica Child Protection Compact. Some projects may require fully remote work, others will require international travel (when safe to do so).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the criminal justice response to human trafficking, including cases involving children under 18, providing expertise on relevant professional skills including identification, investigation, interviewing, and prosecution of human trafficking.
- Create and present in-person and/or remote interactive training and technical assistance for a variety of audiences.
- Draft guides and other material to support training and technical assistance and professional skill development.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments of a government or criminal justice agency’s response to human trafficking.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant government agencies and personnel on the local and/or national level.
- 3+ years of experience prosecuting and/or investigating human trafficking
- Experience implementing a victim-centered and trauma-informed response to trafficking
- Superior written and oral presentation skills (English)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Mastery of, or ability to quickly master, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, and other interactive remote communication software
- One of the Following: Juris Doctor (or equivalent); Master’s Degree in law, criminal justice, or relevant discipline; experience in a dedicated anti-trafficking law enforcement unit
- Presentation or teaching experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Understanding of child protection principles
- Experience working in an international context
- Fluency and ability to lead a course in a language other than English (All languages relevant, with special interest in Spanish, French, and Arabic)
- Knowledge of both common law and civil law systems
Members of the roster will be eligible for short-term part-time independent contractor consultancies. Pay rate will be commensurate with experience.
About the organization:
The Warnath Group is a leading global provider of tailored skill-based professional training and technical assistance to address human trafficking. More information about the work of the Warnath Group providing professional skill development to anti-trafficking actors worldwide is available at www.warnathgroup.com and @WarnathGroup.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
The Warnath Group appreciates the interest of all applicants.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample or curriculum from a training you led to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Application – Human Trafficking Criminal Justice Subject Matter Expert” in the subject line of your email.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Our SME contractor needs fluctuate regularly in relation to training and technical assistance requests and schedules. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only those selected to be interviewed for the roster will be contacted.