Job Title: Human Trafficking Expert, Criminal Justice Specialist
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the position:
The Warnath Group, LLC is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Human Trafficking Expert, Criminal Justice Specialist for several programs funded by the U.S. Department of State. The person in this position will provide training and technical assistance on the criminal justice response to human trafficking which includes identifying, investigating, and prosecuting cases. Current long-term U.S. State Department programs include global training and technical assistance, Innovations in Addressing Child Trafficking (IACT) in Costa Rica, and support of the U.S.-Jamaica Child Protection Compact. This full-time equivalent contract position is currently fully funded for up to three years. This is a work-from-home position, preferably for someone based in the U.S. or Costa Rica, but we will consider other locations on a case-by-case basis. International Travel and travel to/within Costa Rica (when safe to do so) is required.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the criminal justice response to human trafficking, including involving children, providing expertise on identification, investigation, interviewing, and prosecution
- Manage and lead a team of short-term contract subject matter experts from our roster to create in-person and virtual interactive training materials and curriculum for a range of courses from introductory level to advanced specialized sessions
- Identify, assess and respond to technical assistance needs within projects
- Lead, alongside other experts, interactive training and technical assistance sessions for a variety of audiences, including criminal justice actors and other professionals, adjusting and adapting course materials as necessary to meet the needs of the participants
- Produce legal/policy analysis on issues addressed
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, as assigned, of a government or criminal justice agency’s response to human trafficking
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant government agencies and personnel
- Work collaboratively with the Warnath Group Team on all substantive matters
- Other duties and project support as assigned
- 4+ years of experience presiding over / prosecuting and/or investigating human trafficking
- Experience implementing a victim-centered and trauma-informed response to trafficking
- Proficient in English and Spanish, with superior written and oral presentation skills and knowledge of or ability to learn legal terms of art in both languages
- Understanding of the application of child protection principles in the criminal justice context
- Exceptional legal research, interpretation, and analysis skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in collaborative situations
- Mastery of, or ability to quickly master, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, and other interactive remote communication software
- Juris Doctor (or equivalent) or Master’s Degree in law, criminal justice, or relevant discipline or experience in a dedicated anti-trafficking law enforcement unit
- Presentation or teaching experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Knowledge of Costa Rica’s legal system
- Expertise regarding analysis and application of international law on human trafficking, child protection and other relevant laws
- Previous work in an international context
- Previous work providing online training sessions
- Current ability to legally work in the United States and/or Costa Rica
Compensation for this position will be based on experience.
The Warnath Group is a leading global provider of tailored skill-based professional training and technical assistance to address human trafficking. More information about the work of the Warnath Group providing professional skill development to anti-trafficking actors worldwide is available at www.warnathgroup.com and @WarnathGroup.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
The Warnath Group appreciates the interest of all applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English, and writing samples in English and Spanish to email@example.com. (Writing samples may be formal or informal documents; short samples are acceptable.) Please indicate “Application – Human Trafficking Expert, Criminal Justice Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.