Job Title: Trainer/Facilitator
Job Stage: Current
Applications: Will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the position:
The Warnath Group is currently implementing the Innovations in Addressing Child Trafficking (IACT) Program to prevent child trafficking, protect and assist child trafficking victims, and prosecute traffickers in Costa Rica. Our work focuses on the Provinces of Guanacaste and Puntarenas, in collaboration with the Government of Costa Rica, local government entities, and Costa Rican organizations.
Warnath Group is currently looking to hire two technical specialists to support the implementation of the IACT Program. The position may be based in San Jose, the province of Puntarenas or the province of Guanacaste and will involve extensive travel in Puntarenas and Guanacaste on a regular basis.
The trainer/facilitator will support the training and technical assistance component of IACT Program activities and operations including but not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of a range of training and technical assistance sessions for stakeholders as requested in furtherance of project objectives
- Plan and prepare for the implementation of a range of training and technical assistance skills sessions
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and partners in the design and implementation of training and technical assistance sessions
- Conduct training and technical assistance on a range of protection, prevention and prosecution issues as determined by the IACT Program (training may be remote, or in person)
- Support monitoring and evaluation of IACT training and technical assistance sessions including feedback and analysis, under the supervision of the IACT Senior Researcher and Director of Justice Policy
- Conduct data collection in relation to IACT training and technical assistance sessions (both remote and in person), including evaluations, surveys and focus group discussions
- Contribute to quarterly program reporting on M&E activities as well as various program components as assigned
- Draft reports, memos, meeting notes, and other forms of communications as needed and assigned
- Coordinate with government institutions and civil society organizations in Guanacaste and and Puntarenas under the supervision and guidance of the IACT Country Director
- Additional tasks as assigned and agreed
- Minimum BA in a relevant subject (e.g. social work, psychology, anthropology, sociology)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience on issues related to trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, child protection or related topics
- Experience in conducting training and technical assistance on trafficking in persons or related issues
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills and experience facilitating trainings or teaching
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Ability to work in cross cultural and bilingual team
Compensation for this position will be based on experience.
The Warnath Group is a leading global provider of tailored skill-based professional training and technical assistance to address human trafficking. More information about the work of the Warnath Group providing professional skill development to anti-trafficking actors worldwide is available at www.warnathgroup.com and @WarnathGroup.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.
The Warnath Group appreciates the interest of all applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English, and writing samples in English and Spanish to email@example.com. (Writing samples may be formal or informal documents; short samples are acceptable.) Please indicate “Application – Trainer/Facilitator” in the subject line of your email.
We cannot respond to calls or emails about the position.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.